Monday, November 23, 2009

Interaction between American Children and Adults


The interaction between American children and adults so much differs from that in my country. Based on my observation, Americans seem to give their children hugs more often than what parents do in Laos. Regardless of places and ages, parents and children can hug each other, whereas we consider weird in Laos. Moreover, children here are taught to be more independent. Parents allow them to do and play whatever their children like. In contrast, we are taught to be more family-oriented, and have to stick with the family most of the time. From that, I could say that I may have a different interaction with my parents compared to what Americans do.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, what Americans do for their children is very natural and important. children (regardless the age )need their parents' emotion to rise in a normal atmosphere and parents' trust to build their personality.

    ReplyDelete