Monday, November 16, 2009

"American Families"

No matter how individualistic people are, families are essentially important to them. According to my observation and survey, it is obvious that family has strong influences to American lives. Although college students have to leave apart from their family, they usually give their parents a call regularly. In general, parents will have no right to choose who they should love, but they have an impact on how their children spend money overall. It is pretty surprised for me because in my home country parents will have an impact and control on almost every single thing to our lives. As Americans go to college, it is they who take care of themselves when they get ill. However, parents occasionally call and give them motivation to recover that illnesses. Generally speaking, American will have a family reunion on Thanksgiving or New Year celebration where they can bring their future wife or husband to see their families. And from that, they will have fun as well as retaining good relationships. All in all, families towards Americans are so much important and back up for their achievements.

2 comments:

  1. How will your parents influence who you will marry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they will not influence me who I should marry, but instead they will suggest me what it's best fit for me.In other words, it all depends on me.
    It was true that parents would choose a specific person for a child to marry. But it becomes less common nowadays.

    ReplyDelete